Following the retiral of the Rev Fergus Buchanan on 25th September, 2022 Clyde Presbytery have appointed the Rev Barbara O'Donnell as the Interim Moderator . Barbara can be contacted on email at
Church Choir – Join us for our Christmas music
Rehearsals for the Christmas programme are as follows:-
Thursdays 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th November from 8.30pm until 9.15pm (in the Church)
Thursdays 7th, 14th and 21st December from 7.45pm until 9.15pm.
This is your chance to be part of our contribution to the Christmas praise during morning services in December and the “Lessons and Carols” service at 7.00pm on Sunday, 17th December.
If you are interested, please come along on any of these Thursdays. For further information please speak to Derek Norval or to any member of the Choir. We will be delighted to see you if you can join us for this, the most musically joyful time of the year
The Guild and Men’s Association have been asked by Faifley Parish Church upcycling project to assist in providing pots, pans, cutlery and pyrex dishes for use by refugees who have been re-housed in the local area. Donations in a serviceable condition can be brought to a meeting or on Sunday.
Up to date information including Sunday Services, can be found on the website www.stpaulsmilngavie.org.uk
The Manse at 8 Buchanan Street has been sold and a new manse purchased at 41 Braefoot Avenue, Milngavie. G62 6JS
Stewardship Committee The cards for our Christmas Outreach to every household in our Parish are now ready for uplift from the back of the Church. If you wish to add your name to the volunteer delivery list, your contribution will be very much appreciated.
Gordon Fairbrother, Stewardship Convener.
The Saturday morning half-hour Advent Services will start on 2nd December at 9.30am. Each week our Services will follow the theme of the candles of advent - the Hope, the Peace, the Joy and the Love of the season.
All are welcome to start the day in a quiet and reflective setting.
Church Holiday to the Ben Wyvis Hotel, Strathpeffer, 22nd-26th July, 2024. Information and application forms are now ready at the back of the church to be returned to Anne Ritchie, group leader. Her details are on the form. Any member of the congregation would be most welcome to join the group. Application forms are also available on this website.
Telephone 0141 956 4405 or email
- The Guild meet each Monday afternoon at 2pm and resumes 2 October 2023
- Breakaway meet on a Tuesday afternoon at 1.30pm in the Large Hall. Resumes October
- The Men's Association meet on alternate Tuesday evenings at 7.15 for 7.30pm in Jubilee Hall resumes September 2023
- The Badminton Club meet at 7.30pm on a Tuesday in the Large Hall. Resumes 5 September.
- The Lunch Club meet each Wednesday at 12 noon. Resumes 30 August.
- Noah's Ark meet on a Thursday morning at 9.30am Resumes August
- The Choir meet on a Thursday evening at 7.45pm Resumes 14 September
- We meet for Worship and Prayer on a Thursday evening in the Jubilee Hall at 8pm
- Life magazine is produced monthly with the exception of July & August and is available on line. Hard copies are available on request.
- Friendship House is open 10am - 1pm on Tuesdays as well as 10am - 4pm Thursday and Friday.
I would ask you to be aware of and follow the latest guidance issued by the Government and the NHS and would encourage anyone who is in a vulnerable group or who is in close contact with someone else who might be vulnerable, and to anyone who feels even slightly ill, to consider staying at home.
The question arises as this situation develops, is how can we maintain our community, our friendships, the joy of meeting and worshipping with others? There are no easy answers and we won’t really know how this is going develop and affect us for some time. Perhaps we could phone someone for a chat and even pray together because it is more important than ever at this time, to stay connected with each other. Remember not everyone is on social media.